1.29.2010

ginger!

Oh my goodness.  I made the BEST ginger ice cream today & I made it up all by myself!  In order to remember what I did, I'm going to post the recipe.

-1/2 cup sugar
-dash salt
-1 c 2% milk
-several pieces of ginger, chopped (add more or less depending on how spicy/gingery you would like the ice cream to be)
-1 egg, beaten
-1 c. whipping cream
-2 tsp.  ginger syrup (I used one by The Ginger People)

Combine sugar, salt, milk & ginger in a saucepan.  Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until mixture almost boils.  Reduce heat to low.

Stir about 1/2 cup milk mixture into the beaten egg.  Add egg & milk mixture back to remaining hot mixture.  Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until slightly thickend (2-5 minutes).  Remove from heat & refrigerate at least 2 hours.

Take out ginger chunks (I just picked them out with my whisk) and add whipping cream & ginger syrup, stirring with a wire whisk to combine.

Pour into ice cream maker and freeze as directed.

How yummy!  I'll do a real post tomorrow. 

xo,
Cayce Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment